Thursday, January 15, 2009

Explosion and Revolution.

Time has slipped away and I haven't been able to update my blog. That's probably how it will be until summer. I started school again last Monday and I can already tell it is going to be the most time-consuming semester of my life. I had my first anatomy lab yesterday and about 15 minutes later...my brain exploded! I went home about to cry because of the stress that was all of the sudden placed upon me. Despite the lack of time and the overwhelming work I have, I am excited for the semester. I know I am going to learn so much and am grateful for the opportunity.

It was so wonderful to listen to President Monson and Elder Holland this week. Right before the CES Fireside on Sunday, I was thinking "Why am I even in school? I wish I could just study the gospel and do other activities all day that would make me a better person." Then President Monson spoke about the importance of education. Yep, I felt pretty dumb. Elder Holland's talk was SO wonderful. My mom got me a seat down on the floor so I was pretty close up. He spoke about the sin of longing to be in the past and not having faith in the future. Everyone needs to hear it. I think it will be re-broadcast on BYU-TV on January 25.

So...I never get asked out. That is, until this semester. I call it my dating revolution. I had a date right before school started and then two dates the next week. Pretty good start to a new semester, I'd say! It will probably end up being just a week-long revolution, but it was fun while it lasted. Haha.

Elder Parker, now Mike, is home from his mission and it has been lots of fun talking with him. He came to visit his mission before school started and my roommates and I had fun hanging out with him. He's up at BYU-Idaho now. Elder Eccles didn't get transfered, so he is still progressing in the work here. His new companion, Elder Tolentino, is really awesome. He is Phillipino and from California. I saw them at devotional and then we all ate lunch at Legend's Grill with Elder Eccles' cousin. It took a while to get our food so they gave us free drinks and cheesecake. The food there is amazing!

School is hard. Sleep is sparse. My roommates rock. Life is great. I love God. He loves me. :) That's all I need to look forward with faith!

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about your head exploding - I felt the same way when I took anatomy (and several other classess...) Don't worry - you'll get used to it :)

    Thanks for keeping us posted.

    We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe those explosions are just your brain expanding to make room for all the new info! :) I hope the dating streak continues! Thanks for the link to the talk. Love you!

    ReplyDelete