Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter fun.

Last week was amazing. My performances went so well and I feel so grateful that I had the wonderful opportunity of being involved with such a great production. Friday night I didn't get home from my concert until about 11:00pm. We had to do a couple of recordings right after the concert. Saturday, I woke up bright and early to get ready for my filming interview for choir and my Anatomy TA interview for next fall. Sadly, even though I felt that I had a great interview and did well teaching, I didn't make it as a TA :( . Oh well, I guess God has something else in store for me next fall. The filming interview went well, but it's such a tense environment for me. It was weird because I imagined myself sitting in a room with a backdrop and the camera just from my waist up, but it was much different. I was standing in the middle of the huge stage in the de Jong concer hall and the cameras were moving all around me while I talked. It was fun to work on my public speaking skills since that's a class I am taking right now. At 4:30pm, Concert Choir met for the sound recordings of our songs. Then we had pizza together before our call time for the concert. The concert went really well and then after, tons of people from choir went to get gelato at a cute place right next to Los Hermanos on Center Street. It was SO fun to be with so many friends and laugh together. It's really weird that today is my last day of choir for the year and lots of people won't be in Concert Choir next year. I wish we had more time together.


Yesterday was Easter and it was such a wonderful day. I had church in the morning and all of the lessons were so good. Testimony meeting was really good too. I bore my testimony which always makes me feel happy. It was the last testimony meeting for the school year. It's really weird that everyone is going to be moving out soon. My roommates and I have year-round contracts, so we aren't moving, but it'll be weird to get all new people. My brother will be in my ward spring/summer too because the wards combine. Anyway...yesterday...I spent the day cleaning my apartment and it was SO great! I deep-organized my room. I got rid of tons of papers and clothes. I just got so sick of the clutter. I had family dinner at 5:00pm and it was so fun to see everyone and eat delicious food. Ward prayer was fun, as usual, and then when I went back to my apartment, the ward missionaries came over to teach Erica a new member lesson. The lesson was so great. It was on the priesthood and eternal marriage. They made it really clear and understandable, which was good. I hope this week can be as great as last!

No comments:

Post a Comment