Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wedding Bells and Sad Goodbyes

Surprise!!!! HA...No, this is NOT me. This would be my best friend Xanthe trying on a wedding dress because SHE'S GETTING MARRIED!!! Her date is July 25th (also my little brother Jesse's 4th birthday). I can hardly believe it. I have never had a close friend get married before, let alone one of my best friends. I'm so grateful to have her home for the summer (and I'm secretly glad her fiance is still in Idaho so I can spend more time with her lol). We decided that we are going to get together once a week and cook a meal. She will learn to cook and I will have leftovers :). She came over on Sunday and we cooked a chicken vegetable dish. She is coming over on Thursday so we can make poppy seed chicken, which is SO good. It's fun to talk and be together.
The day after school got out, I had my Concert Choir closing banquet. It was so much fun to be with everyone for one last time. We have built the greatest friendships and I am so excited for choir in the fall.

My dear Alto friends :)

This was such a fun/sad night. I went over to Apt. 29 on Saturday night to watch a movie and hang out. Dusty and Adam left for Alaska early Sunday morning, so it was fun to spend time with everyone before they all went their separate ways. Adam didn't get home until about 2:00am, so we all hung out until then. These are the greatest guys and I'm so lucky to know them!
It doesn't work to fake sleep when you can tell that Jesse is laughing. :)

Now I am just gearing up for school to start. Classes started today, but when I went to my lab this morning, there was no teacher. I guess they just assumed that we knew there wouldn't be class. So I will start tomorrow. Yesterday I was so excited because I got my Anatomy grade. Keep in mind that I worked harder in this class than in any other class in my life. I was so happy to find out that I got an A-!!!!! All of my hard work paid off and now I am even more prepared for Physiology this term. I will have to report on my final G.P.A. for this semester as soon as I know all of my grades.

I've been working a lot last week and this week. I am really enjoying it. I worked so hard yesterday on personal stuff and work stuff and it feels so good to be productive. I love checking things off of my to-do list. One long-time needed thing that I checked off yesterday was getting my hair trimmed. I hadn't gotten it cut since October, and my roommate is in hair school! So yesterday, Alex cut it at night and I am so grateful that she took the time to do it.

Yesterday I had a Graden Family Home Evening and it was great being with my family. I love them so much. We celebrated Liz and my birthdays (mine is coming up next Wednesday, May 6) and played some games. I'm grateful to be a year older and I'd like to say I'm wiser since last year ;). God blesses us in ways that we can't even imagine. We should always thank Him for giving us life and the wonderful opportunities that come with it.



1 comment:

  1. It's weird to hear about these "good bye's" with the semester ending because I'm already so out of the college loop, but...it sounds like you've made some really good friends this year! :0)

    ReplyDelete