Monday, June 29, 2009

I love being an aunt!

I received a text message around 8:00am on Friday telling me that my sister Julie was in labor. My mom and I went to the hospital around 2:30pm and there was still no baby (Julie got to the hospital at 3:00am). I decided to stay at the hospital and my mom left for a while. Once Julie was dialated to 9cm, I called my mom and step-dad and told them to hurry to the hospital. Two hours and fifteen minutes of pushing later, and baby boy was born :) Isaac Graden Johnson, born at 10:37pm on June 26, 2009, 8 lbs. 4 oz. and 20.5 inches long. He is absolutely beautiful and perfect! I was SO privileged to be in the room when he was born (I was also in the room when my step-mom Heather gave birth to my little brother Jesse, so it wasn't too new). It was such a wonderful experience and made me want to look into nursing! I'm so grateful I got to be there and that I have a wonderful new nephew. I'm excited for my sister Liz who is pregnant with a baby girl and all of the future children to be born in my family :)I went to the hospital on Saturday to visit baby Isaac and his mommy and daddy. Isn't he so precious? I love him!

Auntie Heather :)



No comments:

Post a Comment